Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tower of Silence


Lost in a tower of gloom, I stand
Can see a far off view, but none at hand
A spark does arise, quick to dim
With fleeing breath, I sing a hymn

Hands stretched ahead, I touch the light
Within the second blink, I scream of fright
Words unsaid, your voice I hear
In my heart though, ignites a fear

Eyes seem to lose, a flame once held
Blunt turns the sword, angel weld
Death - destruction, all around
Mist of darkness - tear, I surround

Clouds grow heavy, sun is lost
The cold winds howl, flowers of frost
Long have I waited, for the dawn of spring
As I stand gazing, my hand - the ring


3 comments:

  1. "Long have I waited, for the dawn of spring. As i stand gazing, my hand - the ring" perfect definition of hope and despair. How do you come up with this? Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete