Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Falcon


High up on the mountain , flame
Where nothing living, can claim
I keep my eyes fixed, glare
Heart beats fast, a dare

Fire, deserted the place
More fierce though, spirit ablaze
Clench my claws, flesh I smell
Highest branch, do I dwell

Flows down the river, a burning maze
Memories below, now only a daze
Protected could I, maybe not
More precious be - me, or my lot

Made not for me, the world of rules
Follow not a crowd, like the other fools
Perish do they, in their attempt to flee
As i stay, watch it burn their lee

To live my life, intend as I
Never to stay, always to fly
High above the clouds, do I soar
And when cornered, you hear me roar

No one will you find, like me
Like another, nor will I ever be
Atop the peaks, fixed my aim
Born to be wild, you cant tame

On my terms, breathe my day
Having lived, in peace I shall lay
More to living, thank being alive
Alive too are the bees , in a hive

Am a bird of flight, mighty and strong
I chose my path, be it right or wrong
Falcon they call me, as I sway
To the mountain peak, I make my way


No comments:

Post a Comment